December 30, 2009 / 13 Tevet 5770
81 singles among 210 North American Olim arriving on final charter Aliyah flight for 2009
WHO: 210 North American Olim, including 81 singles.
Among the dignitaries expected at the ceremony:
- Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Regional Cooperation and Minister of the Development of the Negev and Galil, MK Silvan Shalom
- Senior Deputy Head of the Division for Promotion of Aliyah at the Ministry of Immigrant Absorption, Shifra Kirshenbaum
- Chairman of the Jewish Agency, Natan Sharansky
- Nefesh B’Nefesh Canadian Chair, Nathan Jacobson
- Vice Chairman of Nefesh B’Nefesh, Erez Halfon
- Co-Founders of Nefesh B’Nefesh Tony Gelbart and Rabbi Yehoshua Fass
WHAT: Final charter Aliyah flight for 2009 organized by Nefesh B’Nefesh and the Jewish Agency, carrying some of the 3,814 Olim from North America arriving in Israel this year.
Family and friends around the world will be able to watch a taped broadcast of the Olim landing in Israel and the welcoming ceremony at: www.nbn.org.il/winterflight
WHEN: Wednesday, December 30th, 2009
6:45am – (Registration required)
Photographer entrance to the tarmac is limited. Advance registration is essential.
WHERE: Ben Gurion Airport, Terminal 1 (Gate #8, near the old arrivals hall).
Parking available on premises.
# # #
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND PRESS REGISTRATION:
Dena Wimpfheimer 054-659-7796 / firstname.lastname@example.org