The Jewish Agency is revolutionizing the aliyah process through its Aliyah on a Red Carpet program. What normally took new immigrants weeks to accomplish is now done within 24 hours of arrival to Israel.
Aliyah on a Red Carpet begins in the new immigrants’ country of origin where they attend an Aliyah Expo. Here they explore the broad range of aliyah programs, options and benefits available and choose what suits them best. They are later flown to Israel on a group flight with other new immigrants.
On arrival to Israel, they stay over night at a hotel in Jerusalem and attend a min-expo organized by the Jewish Agency. They get to meet different vendors at one venue, register for a health fund of their choice, open a bank account and choose a cell phone provider at a reduced rate.
In addition to that, they attend a moving welcome home ceremony in Jerusalem and receive their Israeli identity card (Te’udat Zeut) which attests to their new citizenship status. The final step on the “Red Carpet” is direct transportation from the hotel to their new home.
Aliyah on a Red Carpet streamlines the official aliyah process for new immigrants and gives them a level of service that makes the entire process infinitely more efficient and user-friendly.
Services provided through Red Carpet Aliyah Fairs in Israel.* Meet with:
- 4 health funds: Macabbi, Clalit, Leumit and Meuchedet
- Banks: Poalim, Leumi and Mercantile
- Mobile companies: Cellcom and Partner (Orange)
- Newspapers: Jerusalem Post, Hamodia
- Business Entrepreneurship consultant: IBC
- Olim association
- Government offices: Transportation, Customs, The National Insurance Institute (Bituach Leumi), Ministry of Interior
After a number of hours the Oleh will have*:
- Teudat Oleh (Oleh card)
- Teudat Zehut (ID card)
- National insurance
- Bank account
- Health insurance (health funds)
- Mobile number/phone
- Option to have a land line
- Business advice
- Tax advice
- Customs advice
- Converting drivers license instructions
- Free subscription to newspaper
- Introduction to the Home Together counterpart in the city one is going to
Global Centre Israel: 1-800-228-055
*Services vary from time to time