North Western Reform Synagogue is located in Alyth Gardens, between Golders Green and Temple Fortune in North-West London. It is known by its nickname as 'Alyth'.
The synagogue was founded in 1933 and we have about 2500 members of all ages. We have recently rebuilt and redecorated the synagogue site which has created a light and spacious atmosphere.
Reform Judaism is rooted in the tradition of Torah and in dialogue with modern thought. It is compassionate and egalitarian in its practices and as such men and women sit together and participate equally in synagogue services.
We are a very active community and have a kindergarten for pre-school children, various activities for our youth and elderly members, an excellent music and performing arts department, and a dynamic education department which provides a weekly Cheder for children aged 5 to 14, an adult studies programme, and a tiny tots Shabbat service once a month for toddlers.
We are twinned to Congregation Beit Daniel, a reform community in Tel Aviv, Israel, and to the Kerch community in the Ukraine.
Find out more about us at
Adar 5764 - March 2004