These Psalms, among others, are Psalms of condolence and expressions of faith which are suitable for a Memorial Ceremony.
1. A Psalm of David.
LORD, who shall sojourn in Thy tabernacle?
Who shall dwell upon Thy holy mountain?
2. He that walks uprightly, and works
And speaks truth in his heart;
3. That has no slander upon his tongue,
Nor does evil to his fellow,
Nor takes up a reproach against his neighbor;
4. In whose eyes a vile person is despised,
But he honors them that fear the LORD;
He that swears to his own hurt, and changes not;
5. He that puts not out his money on interest,
Nor takes a bribe against the innocent.
He that does these things shall never be moved.
5. Thou carriest them away as with a flood;
they are as a sleep;
In the morning they are like grass which
6. In the morning does it flourish and grow up;
In the evening is it cut down and does it wither.
12. So teach us to number our days,
That we may get us a heart of wisdom.
16. Let Thy work appear unto Thy servants,
And Thy glory upon their chidlren.
17. And let the graciousness of the Lord our God
be upon us;
Establish Thou also upon us the work of our
Yea, the work our hands establish Thou it.