Moshav Yad Natan, founded in 1953 was the first settlement established in the Lachish Regional Council. Its first residents were new immigrant holocaust survivors from Hungary and the moshav was named for Natan Kumu, president of the Hungarian Zionist Federation who did not survive the war.
In 1973, the moshav absorbed 24 families from South America.
Yad Natan presently numbers 242 residents. Most of the families support themselves through agriculture, growing roses for export, orchards, vegetables and chickens.
On the link of Partnership 2000 and the moshavim.