1. When is Rosh Hashanah?
2. How many days of Rosh Hashanah are there, according to the Torah? How many under Rabbinical law?
3. How many names does the Festival have?
4. What is the main Mitzvah (duty) on Rosh Hashanah?
5. Why do we blow the Shofar?
6. How many notes do we blow on Rosh Hashanah?
7. Explain malchuyot, zichronot, shofarot.
8. What is the Tashlich prayer?
9. What was created on Rosh Hashanah?
10. What important events occurred on Rosh Hashanah?
11. What special foods are eaten on Rosh Hashanah, and why?
12. In what way do the Rosh Hashanah prayers differ from that of other festivals?
13. What do we read from the Torah on the days of Rosh Hashanah and why?
14. What do we read for Haftarah on the days of Rosh Hashanah and why?
15. What is the difference between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur?
16. Why is Rosh Hashanah called bakesseh leyom chagenu?
17. Why is the Shofar not blown in the evening?
18. What is the Vidui (annulment of vows)?
19. How do we greet one another on Rosh Hashanah?
20. What are the four stages of Teshuvah (repentance)?
21. There are three books opened on Rosh Hashanah. What are they?
22. Explain why Rosh Hashanah cannot fall on Sunday, Wednesday or Friday.
23. Why is Hallel not said on Rosh Hashanah?
24. Why is the Shofar not blown on Shabbat ?
25. What do you know about unetanneh tokef prayer ?
26. Why is it customary not to sleep during the day on Rosh Hashanah?
27. What is eruv tavshilin?
28. Explain the difference between blowing the Shofar on Rosh Hashanah and blowing it during the previous month (Ellul).