This activity series is designed to be run in one full day, or two part days, and is designed for experienced facilitators working with adolescent and adult groups.
While the later sessions can be combined with acess to online resources (in the style of a Webquest, with email between "remote" groups and Powerpoint to present ideas) the overall recommendation is to provide print copies of all the resources and emphasize group work, with the bustle and pressure that go with it.
Purpose of the Activity Series:
- To open participants to important issues at the legal, political, theological and social levels, during and after Disengagement;
- To stimulate and expose participants to multi-faceted sources of information;
- To enable participants to express and explore objective and subjective positions on a range of issues;
- To facilitate in-depth address of the different positions on the major issues, in an experiential manner;
- To facilitate contextualization in space and time;
- To facilitate prioritization of issues in terms of both ethics and realpolitik;
- To facilitate a focus of energy towards solution strategies, with minimal conflict and personal dissonance.
Gila Ansell Brauner, Schlomo Balsam