|Achievements & Challenges: Taste of Israel Scavenger Hunt|
Evening or afternoon activity for early to mid-teens.
10 minutes to explain and launch; 30 minutes to search; 7 minutes per group to organize, display and report; 5 minutes to complete scoring. Estimated 80 minutes to 2 hours.
4x4 clue cards/worksheets for each group; 5 x 5 cards are possible if extra clues are added; Arts & crafts materials & stationery; Maps of Israel; Any tourist guide to Israel.
1. Divide participants into groups of 4 or 5 and give each group a clue card.
2. Use one of the following options: the winning group will be the one which creates or submits the most original items for either - any line of clues or - the most clues in the alloted time (30 minutes).
3. The groups return, mark off their items and prepare them for display.
4. Each group presents its collection of items in a lighthearted manner.
5. A panel of adjudicators can award points for each item in terms of its originality, suitability etc. to each group. Another alternative for awarding points is to select only the best item from each group or the best for any one clue...
List of Clues (two options)
1. A stone from the Western Wall
2. Post a note between the stones of the Western Wall
3. Knesset Menorah
4. An artefact from the Israel Museum
5. Jewellery from the souk in the Old City
6. A Knesset member's seat
7. Piece of carpet from the Al Aksa Mosque
8. Pita with fallafel from the Mahaneh Yehuda market
9. A kefiya
10. Hassidic hat and a bonus if it is a shabbat shtreimel
11. Israeli coin or bank note
12. Siddur or Tanach
13. Poem about Jerusalem
14. Tourist photo of Jerusalem
15. An IDF insignia
16. A flower that grows in Jerusalem
17. An oriental drum (tof)
18. A Kippa
19. Kol Yisrael emblem (radio or TV)
20. Olive branch
21. Scent of Jerusalem
22. Piece of pottery from an excavation
1. Name sign from the ship EXODUS
2. Carmel wine
3. New immigrant's certificate
5. Emblem from Israel's most popular make of car, SUBARU
6. Kova tembel
7. Pair of Israeli sandals
8. A fish
9. Headwear of a Druze priest
10. Label or wrapper from Elite chocolate or coffee
11. Basket ball
12. Israeli coin or bank note
13. Entry token for the Carmelit (Haifa's underground railway)
14. Rope from a boat
15. Sailor's song
16. IDF insignia
17. Fruit or vegetable from a Galilee kibbutz
18. Pita with fallafel
19. Archeological find from underwater excavations
20. A ladder for climbing the Carmel