|Achievements & Challenges: Around Israel Quiz
1. In 30 seconds, find Kiryat Shmona on the map of Israel.
2. Find another town or settlement in Israel with a number in its name.
3. How did Kiryat Shmona come by its name?
4. Who was the hero associated with Tel Hai?
5. What is the main problem facing the residents of Kiryat Shmona?
6. What is the demographic problem which faces the Northern Galilee?
7. What is a "mitzpeh"?
8. Either name as many points of settlement as you can on a line from Tiberias to Akko
name 5 (or 7) points of settlement in the Galilee.
9. How many people live in Kiryat Shmona?
10. In 30 seconds, find Beersheva on a map of Israel.
11. Who was the first Jewish hero to live in Beersheva?
12. Which modern Zionist leader promoted settlement of the Negev?
13. How did he himself set the example?
14. What is special about the Arab population in the Negev?
15. Why did the Negev suffer a recession from 1967 to 1982?
16. Name as many points of settlement as you can in the Negev.
17. How many people live in Beersheva? a. 56,000