Where to sign up:
- Olim who were processed by The Jewish Agency for Israel overseas, register for medical insurance upon arriving at Ben Gurion airport.
- Olim who received their status in Israel register via the Post Office.
- Ezrachim Olim and Katinim Chozrim register for medical insurance at their local branch of Misrad Ha'Aliyah veHaklita (Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption).
- Olim who were previously Temporary Residents (A1 visa holders) and Returning Residents register at the local branch of Bituach Leumi.
Note: It is highly recommended to research the Kupot in your intended location through friends, relatives and other local resources, prior to your Aliyah in order to be able to make an informed choice regarding which of the Kupot to join.
At the time of registration you'll need to confirm which of the four Kupot Cholim (Health funds) you wish to join:
All the health funds offer upgraded services at a further cost. Enquire as to what these are and what additional rights you may be entitled to as a new immigrant.
Leumit - Silver and Gold
- Further extensive information on the medical system in Israel is available in English at the website of The Shira Pransky Project, a program of the Association of Americans and Canadians in Israel (AACI).