- Tuition grants to cover the standard number of years for undergraduate or graduate or certificate studies or practical engineering studies. In most cases this means 3 years for Bachelor's degrees but can be up to 5 years for Architecture of Medicine and up to 3 years for Master's degrees including a year of supplemental courses if necessary. (Grants are based on the standard annual cost of the recognized Israeli universities).
- Pre-academic programs (mechinot), which prepare immigrant students for academic studies in Israel. Now covered in addition to degree study in cases where a mechina is required by the University.
- Counseling, information, advice and support
Olim are eligible for assistance from the Student Authority if they:
- begin their studies within 36 months of their date of Aliyah (not including compulsory military service; up to one year of service in the permanent army; Sherut Leumi - one Service year ("shin-shin") prior to army service; up to four years' service within the framework of the Hesder program; periods outside of Israel of more than six months)
- meet age criteria - begin mechinah study before their 23rd birthday; undergraduate degrees before their 27th birthday; practical engineering studies before their 28th birthday; and graduate / master's degree studies before their 30th birthday
- fulfill academic criteria – completed high school; were accepted to the institution; continue to advance in their studies from one year to the next; study in recognized institutions and tracks; and are not repeating a degree level which they already hold. In some cases the Student Authority will fund a second graduate degree - special approval is required.