Be part of the building of a Jewish society, meet Israelis, and see the sites firsthand: Visiting Israel is a transformative experience (and a lot of fun).
Experience Israel Programs
Masa Israel Journey
Spend 5-12 months in Israel as part of a study, volunteer, or internship program with other young Jews from around the world.
Visit Israel as a part of the classic 10-day educational trip, free of charge.
Young AliyahConnect Israel: Young Urban Networks
Whether you are a tourist or new immigrant, Connect Israel has great opportunities for social networking and guidance on employment and housing.
Machon Youth Leadership Training
Machon provides leadership training for graduates of Zionist Youth Movements from around the world.
Minyanim: The Regional Jewish Leadership Project
Community leadership and Israel studies program for young Jewish adults in Central and Eastern Europe.
Na'ale: The World's Jewish High School
Do you want your teenager to develop a lasting relationship with Israel, other young Jews from around the world, and Hebrew? Here is their opportunity to finish high school in Israel!
Israel Tech Challenge
Israel Tech Challenge is a chance for exceptional programmers to experience the Start-Up Nation, first hand.
Spend a summer in Israel building your resume, meeting friends, and getting to know Israel.
Meet Our Staff
- "I myself made Aliyah in the 1980's, and I am full of gratitude for the continued work and commitment of The Jewish Agency" – Vered Achihon, Content Director, Ethiopian ProjectContent Director of "Ethiopian Project", earned her BA in Communications and her MA in Government Management from Haifa University. Vered made Aliyah when she was only 4, on The Agency's Operation Moses, arriving in The Jewish Agency absorption center in Atlit. In her current position, she now oversees for the absorption needs olim various programs, preparing a smooth integration into Israeli society and life.
- "I am currently writing a children's book that I always dreamed of publishing before the age of 35" – Omer Givati, Director of the Kiryat Gat-Lachish-Shafir-Chicago PartnershipOmer holds a BA from the Hebrew University in International Relations and Political Science, and met his wife while an emissary in USA. He won the President's Award for his work with Ethiopian immigrants. As a Partnership Director, Omer is responsible for the connections with the communities, educational projects and supporting local voluntary organizations.
- "After coming to Israel on The Jewish Agency's "Operation Moses", I'm now privileged to make the dream of return to Zion come true for so many others" – Asher Seyom, Emissary to Ethiopia– emissary to Ethiopia, joined The Jewish Agency as an educator at the Ben-Yakir Youth Village and later as Director of the Meron Absorption Center in Sefad. Following the Second Lebanon War, the Center was awarded most outstanding center for its treatment of olim in general and in time of war specifically.
- "My Masa program was a test drive which reinforced my long-time dream – to make Aliyah" – Rina Barats, Graphic Designer, Marketing UnitRina Barats, a graphic designer in The Jewish Agency Marketing Unit, emigrated from Latvia in 2012, and graduated from Hebrew studies in Ulpan Etzion. Rina designs marketing materials for the various content units and programs. She earned her BA from Latvian Academia of Culture, and participated in Taglit in 2009 and Masa, where she interned in graphic design in an Israeli startup company.
- "It's an amazing opportunity to provide young Jewish campers and counselors with the same life-changing experience that I had" – Daniel Mahrer, Shlichim and Camps Coordinator, Summer Shlichim (emissaries) ProgramDanielle Mahrer works as a Shlichim and Camps Coordinator for The Jewish Agency's Summer Shlichim (emissaries) Program, sending shlichim to summer camps in North America. She grew up in Los Angeles and studied History and Jewish Studies at the University of California. She spent summers at URJ Camp Newman, as a camper, counselor, advisor and Unit Head. Her first trip to Israel was on Taglit-Birthright, and she later studied at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem after making Aliyah in 2010.
- "My work is extraordinarily satisfying, enabling me to contribute to Israeli society and the Jewish people" – Yael Toledano, Senior AssistantYael Toledano has been working for The Jewish Agency in various capacities since 2006. Originally from the French village of Saint-Quentin, she grew up in Paris, before her family made Aliyah. Soon, Yael will start a new journey as The Jewish Agency long-term emissary to France, working with and for the Jewish communities to connect them to Israel, its history, culture and the Jewish spirit.
- "My work provides a wonderful opportunity to develop Aliyah programs that serve the interests of both Olim and Israel's economy" – Bilana Sahar, Director, Aliyah and Experience Israel, FSU unitBilana Sahar, Director of Aliyah Unit and Experience Israel programs, was born in Lvov, Ukraine and holds a BA in Social Work and Political Science. She worked in the IDF for 10 years. She has also served The Jewish Agency as an emissary in Uzbekistan and Ukraine. She is currently in charge of her unit's daily work, guiding the different teams and emissaries in the field, initiating projects and partnership building.
- "The challenge enables me have a real impact on society, puting a smile on the faces of youth at risk" – Muhammad Abu Al-Hija, Director, Eastern Jerusalem Youth FuturesMuhammad Abu al-Hija is the Director of Youth Futures in East Jerusalem, working with youth at-risk, and is responsible for meeting the program's educational, organizational and budget goals, guiding the Mentors, alongside welfare and educational staff. Muhammad holds a BA in Special Education, and a MA in Educational System Direction and Organization, and worked five years at the Ministry of Education.