More About The Jewish Agency
From Terror Victim to Bar Mitzvah Boy: Meet Nadav Ben Gal
“I get emotional when I think about all of the help and prayers from Jews in Israel and around the
New olah from Belgium makes leap of faith to Israel...and has no regrets
“I wasn’t sure it was going to work – I was only 50% sure I wanted to do this – but I wanted to try.
The Loss of a Leader
Edgar Bronfman was an energetic and devoted leader of the Jewish people
Jewish Agency to Distribute $1 Million in Financial Assistance to Over 100 Victims of the Current Wave of Terror
"The support is not only financial – this is an expression of Diaspora Jewry’s solidarity with
Meet our staff
- "I myself made Aliyah in the 1980's, and I am full of gratitude for the continued work and commitment of The Jewish Agency" – Vered AchihonContent Director of "Ethiopian Project". Vered made Aliyah when she was 4 on Operation Moses, arriving at a Jewish Agency absorption center. Today, Vered oversees absorption needs for olim, preparing a smooth integration into Israeli society and life.
- "I am currently writing a children's book that I always dreamed of publishing." – Omer GivatiOmer studied International Relations and Political Science at Hebrew University, and met his wife while an emissary in USA. He won the President's Award for his work with Ethiopian immigrants. As a Partnership Director, Omer is responsible for connections with the communities, educational projects and supporting local voluntary organizations.
- "After coming to Israel on The Jewish Agency's "Operation Moses", I'm now privileged to make the dream of return to Zion come true for so many others" – Asher SeyomEmissary to Ethiopia, Director of the Meron Absorption Center in Sefad. Following the Second Lebanon War, the Center was awarded most outstanding center for its treatment of olim.
- "My Masa program was a test drive which reinforced my long-time dream – to make Aliyah" – Rina BaratsRina Barats, a graphic designer for The Jewish Agency, emigrated from Latvia in 2012, graduating from Hebrew studies in Ulpan Etzion. Rina earned her BA from Latvian Academia of Culture, and participated in Taglit in 2009 and Masa.
- "It's an amazing opportunity to provide young Jewish campers and counselors with the same life-changing experience that I had" – Daniel MahrerDanielle Mahrer works as a Shlichim and Camps Coordinator for The Jewish Agency's Summer Shlichim Program, sending shlichim to summer camps in North America. She grew up in Los Angeles; her first trip to Israel was on Taglit-Birthright, and after making Aliyah in 2010, she studied at the Hebrew University.
- "25 years ago, I was finding myself. I aspired to find work in which I could contribute to other people. That’s how I found my way here. I was looking for solidarity; an approach in which people support each other. My approach remains the same today."Ariel Kandel is a native of Paris and made Aliyah (immigrated) to Israel at age 17 in 1991. He has a master’s degree in Jewish education, and has previously served as a community shaliach (emissary), and as the head of The Jewish Agency’s delegation in France from 2010-2014. He currently directs French operations at The Jewish Agency.
- "My work provides a wonderful opportunity to develop Aliyah programs that serve the interests of both Olim and Israel's economy" – Bilana SaharBilana Sahar, Director of Aliyah Unit and Experience Israel programs, was born in Lvov, Ukraine. She worked in the IDF for 10 years and has served The Jewish Agency as an emissary in Uzbekistan and Ukraine. Today, Bilana manages her unit's daily work, guiding teams and emissaries in the field.
- "The challenge enables me have a real impact on society, putting a smile on the faces of youth at risk" – Muhammad Abu Al-HijaMuhammad Abu al-Hija is the Director of Youth Futures in East Jerusalem, working with youth at-risk, and is responsible for meeting the program's educational, organizational and budget goals, guiding Mentors, alongside welfare and educational staff. Muhammad worked for five years at the Ministry of Education.