Israel in Your Community
The Jewish Agency strengthens Jewish identity by bringing Israel to you by means of local Partnerships and shlichim (emissaries). Building meaningful connections between Israeli and global Jewish communities bolsters Jewish inclusiveness and unity. Our shlichim and local educators don't just teach Israel, we are Israel!
Israel in Your Community Programs
The Partnership2Gether peoplehood platform (previously known as Partnership 2000) connects some 550 communities around the world in 45 partnerships. P2G is building living bridges among these communities - sharing ideas, strengths, challenges, and models of success.
Russian-Speaking Jewry (RSJ)
In the former Soviet Union, Germany, North America, Australia, and Israel, The Jewish Agency meets the unique needs of Russian-speaking Jews and their families.
Shlichim (Israeli Emissaries)
Our shlichim bridge the gap between Jews of different backgrounds and Israel, increase Jewish awareness and pride within your community and promote an understanding of Israel and its ideals.
Commitment to Diversity
The Jewish Agency actively supports Jewish diversity and inclusion. We help Israelis understand the varied expressions of Judaism outside Israel, and help Jews worldwide feel that their styles of Jewish expression can find a home in Israel.
Makom: Innovative Israel Education
On the web and around the world, Makom gets Jews thinking, studying, and talking creatively and deeply about Jewish history and culture.
Meet Our Staff
- "I myself made Aliyah in the 1980's, and I am full of gratitude for the continued work and commitment of The Jewish Agency" – Vered Achihon, Content Director, Ethiopian Project
- "I am currently writing a children's book that I always dreamed of publishing before the age of 35" – Omer Givati, Director of the Kiryat Gat-Lachish-Shafir-Chicago Partnership
- "After coming to Israel on The Jewish Agency's "Operation Moses", I'm now privileged to make the dream of return to Zion come true for so many others" – Asher Seyom, Emissary to Ethiopia
- "My Masa program was a test drive which reinforced my long-time dream – to make Aliyah" – Rina Barats, Graphic Designer, Marketing Unit
- "It's an amazing opportunity to provide young Jewish campers and counselors with the same life-changing experience that I had" – Daniel Mahrer, Shlichim and Camps Coordinator, Summer Shlichim (emissaries) Program
- "My work is extraordinarily satisfying, enabling me to contribute to Israeli society and the Jewish people" – Yael Toledano, Senior Assistant
- "My work provides a wonderful opportunity to develop Aliyah programs that serve the interests of both Olim and Israel's economy" – Bilana Sahar, Director, Aliyah and Experience Israel, FSU unit
- "The challenge enables me have a real impact on society, puting a smile on the faces of youth at risk" – Muhammad Abu Al-Hija, Director, Eastern Jerusalem Youth Futures