Upon exiting the plane, you should be met by a representative of the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption. In addition, you may be met by a representative of an Oleh association (UJIA, AACI, Telfed).
In the event that you are not met….
Proceed in the direction of passport control.
Immediately prior to the entrance to the passport hall you will find a phone mounted on the wall on the left hand side.
Pick up the phone to be connected directly to the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption Office.
Have your passport stamped. Mazal Tov! You are officially and Oleh!
You will then be accompanied to the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption offices at the airport.
At the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption you will receive:
- Teudat Oleh (Immigration document) – 1 per family. Contact information for your local branch of the Ministry of Aliyah and Immigrant Absorption will be printed inside
- Teudat Zehut (ID card) – 1 per family member aged 16 and up (in some cases you will be referred to your local Interior Ministry branch)
- 1st installment of Sal Klita in cash
- Confirmation of registration with the Health Fund of your choice
- 200 free call minutes for your cellphone
You will be accompanied to pick up your bags.
At customs, you are required to declare individual items valued at $200 or more or cash of more than NIS 1,125,000.
You will be accompanied to your free taxi which will take you to your first destination.