Opening a Customs File

How to open a Customs file

You will need a customs file, if you are:

  • planning on receiving a shipment
  • purchasing Israeli manufactured goods with a discount
  • using Oleh, Ezrach Oleh or Katin Chozer rights to buy a car

Remember that as a new immigrant, you are entitled to customs tax exemptions.

Fax or hand-deliver the following documents to the customs authority offices:

  • Teudat Oleh or Teudat Zakaut
  • Copy of the front page and Aliyah visa from your passport (married couples must submit both passports)

More information on Customs benefits is available in the English language guide on their website.