Village in the "Gaza Strip", near the Arab village of Dayr al-Balach, 16 km. south of Gaza.

Founded in 1970 on the site of the deserted Kfar Darom - a Kibbutz established in 1946.

In the War of Independence, after a long siege, the settlers of Kfar Darom were evacuated and the Kibbutz fell to the Egyptians.

Kfar Darom was evacuated in August 2005 during the "Disengagement".

See also: Israeli Communities in Gush Katif

 

 

 

Share              PRINT   
05 May 2005 / 26 Nisan 5765 0