1.The Appointment of Members of the Jewish Agency Board of Governors as Company Directors on Behalf of the Jewish Agency
1. The By-laws of the Jewish Agency [Section VIII, clause F3(a)] do not allow, inter alia, members and associate members of the Executive of JAFI and members of the Board of Governors of JAFI to be appointed as directors of Jewish Agency companies, unless the Board of Governors, upon the written request of the Chairman of the Assets and Liabilities Committee, with the approval of the Treasurer and Chairman of the Executive, allows such an appointment as an exception, provided that it be satisfied that special circumstances exist.
2. The Chairman of the Assets and Liabilities Committee, having received the approval of the Treasurer and the Chairman of the Executive, hereby requests the Board of Governors to allow the appointment of the following people as directors of the following companies:
• Ambassador Avi Pazner to the Beth Hatefuzoth Company.
Ambassador Pazner is a member of the Jewish Agency Executive and the Board of Governors.
• Mr Ze’ev Bielski to the Spirit of Israel Company.
Mr Bielski is a member of the Jewish Agency Board of Governors.
3. As each of the persons mentioned above has special knowledge and experience in the area of activity of the company to which it is proposed to appoint him as a director, the Board of Governors is satisfied that special circumstances exist for these appointments.
Therefore be it resolved:
To allow the appointment of Ambassador Avi Pazner as a director of the Beth Hatefuzoth Company and of Mr Ze’ev Bielski as a director of the Spirit of Israel Company.
All other rules regarding the appointment of directors will apply.