1. Amendment to the By-Laws Regarding the Conflict of Interest Policy
1. In October 2006 the JAFI Board of Governors adopted a Conflict of Interest Policy as a By-Law of JAFI; and
2. It is deemed appropriate to amend the policy so as to require annual disclosure statements, establish additional reporting standards and penalties for noncompliance and to expand the policy to JAFI senior staff;
Therefore, be it resolved:
To amend Article X of the By-Laws "Conflict of Interest"* as follows:
1. At the end of Section A 1, to replace the period with a semi-colon and to add the following: "(iv) senior employees."
2. To amend the definition of the term "Member" appearing in Section A. 2 (a) so that it reads: ""Member" – any of the members or senior employees referred to in Section 1."
3. To add a new definition after Section A 2 (f)as follows:
4. To add at the end of Section C 1 the words:
"All Members shall submit, within 60 days of appointment, an initial written disclosure statement to the Secretary General who shall subsequently submit them to the Chairman of the Board of Governors and the Chairman of the Executive.Thereafter, all Members shall submit annual disclosure statements to the Secretary General, who shall submit them as stated above, attesting that: the Member agrees to comply with the Conflict of Interest Policy as outlined in this By-Law; and except as specifically described in the disclosure statement, neither the Member nor, to the best of the Member's knowledge, any member of the Member's immediate family, has during the past 12 months been engaged in, or anticipates at any time in the future, being engaged in, any actual, possible or potential conflict of interest.
5. To add a new Section D as follows:
"Penalty for Noncompliance
6. To add a new Section E as follows:
Appendix A – Conflict of Interest Annual Disclosure Statement
Capitalized terms used in this Disclosure Statement have the meaning(s) set forth in Article X of the By-Laws of the Jewish Agency.
I the undersigned, _______________________, certify that:
1. I understand and agree to comply with the By-Laws of the Agency regarding Conflict of Interest.
2. Neither I nor, to the best of my knowledge, any of my Immediate Family has, during the past 12 months, been involved in, or anticipate at any time in the future becoming involved in, any activity or circumstance that constitutes a Conflict of Interest, except as specifically described below:
Fully describe any Conflict of Interest involving you or your Immediate Family member(s). Attach additional pages, if necessary. If "none", so state.
Fully describe any facts or circumstances that you wish reviewed in order to determine whether or not such facts or circumstances constitute a Conflict of Interest according to Article X of the By-Laws. Attach additional pages, if necessary. If "none", so state.
3. The name and address of my principal business or occupation is:
Type of business or occupation:
4. In the last five years I have not been convicted of a crime.