Most Jewish schools in the Diaspora devote 2 or 3 lessons a day to Jewish studies. The syllabus includes the following subjects:
1. Bible (Tanach)
2. 'Oral Torah', Laws, prayers
3. Hebrew language/Ivrit
4. Jewish history
One of the main topics is 'the Jewish Festivals'.
This series deals with the Festivals of Tishrei:
Rosh Hashanah, Asseret Yemei Hateshuvah - The Ten Days of Repentance, Yom Kipuur, Succot, Shemini Atzeret and Simmhat Torah.
The project includes the following series:
1. The Tishrei Festivals (this one).
2. Hanukkah, the Fifteenth of Shvat, Purim.
3. Between Pesach and Shavuot (available online and offline).
4. Yom Haatzmaut -Israel Independence Day and Yom Yerushalayim - Jerusalem Liberation Day.
5. Fast Days.
6. Shabbat and Rosh Chodesh (available offline).