- Religious women can be exempted from the draft if they do not wish to serve.
- Married women are not required to serve.
- Different regulations apply for doctors and dentists.
- Men arriving aged 22 or more will no longer have a requirement to serve although they are still able to volunteer for service.
- The length of service required for married men aged 18 - 21 has been increased considerably.
- Women can now be drafted if they arrive aged 20. Previously only women arriving before their 20th birthday were drafted.
|Age upon arrival||Profile||Single - MALE||SINGLE - FEMALE||Married - MALE||Married +1 or more|
|18 - 19||31 - 97||30 months||24 months||18 months||
|20 - 21||65 - 97||24 months||Exempt||6 months|
|31 - 64||6 months||Exempt||Pool|
|22 - 25||65 - 97||6 months||Exempt||6 months|
|26 - 30||31 - 97||Pool||Exempt||Pool|
|30+||31 - 97||Exempt||Exempt||Exempt|
For Olim (not including Ezrachim Olim and Katinim Chozrim) arriving on or after June 1st 2015
|Age upon arrival||Single - MALE||SINGLE - FEMALE||Married - MALE||Married +1 or more|
|18 - 19||32 months||24 months||24 months||Volunteer (24 month minimum)
|20||24 months||12 months||18 months||Volunteer (18 month minimum)
|21||24 months||Volunteer (12 month minimum)||18 months||Volunteer (18 month minimum)
|22 - 27||Volunteer (18 month minimum)||Volunteer (12 month minimum)||Volunteer (18 month minimum)||Volunteer (18 month minimum)