The Loan Funds assist entrepreneurs and business owners in Israel to open or expand their businesses, through loans with highly attractive conditions. The Jewish Agency acts as a partial guarantor for the loans, to support those businesses that otherwise would have a difficult time qualifying for loans or presenting the necessary collateral for them.
The loans are given both on a geographic basis covering Jerusalem, the Negev and the Galilee areas, and on a social basis with funds for new immigrants to Israel; members of the Ethiopian-Israeli community; the ultra-Orthodox population; and the Arab-Israeli population.
First and foremost the funds help entrepreneurs and business owners turn their dreams into a reality. The opening and expanding of small business help Israeli society by
· Strengthening Israeli society , especially young populations in Jerusalem, the Negev and the Galilee
· Narrowing socio-economic gaps and uplifting vulnerable populations
· Expanding the activity of existing businesses by upgrading their technology and operations
· Creating jobs, reducing unemployment, and stimulating economic growth
· Improving quality of life for residents of Israel’s social and geographic peripheries
· Contribution to the welfare and quality of life in Israel's periphery
· Building pride and a sense of personal investment in Israel for Jewish communities worldwide
Since its inception, and through the end of 2013, The Jewish Agency has assisted about 1,100 businesses and created about 5,500 jobs.