Since 1949 Ulpan Etzion continues teaching dynamic and vibrant uplan classes.
First and foremost a Hebrew Ulpan, Ulpan Etzion is known for its high level of Hebrew study. The 5 - month long integration and study program is based on 5 days a week, 5 hours a day Hebrew Course (Sunday-Thursday, 8-13). Students are divided into a number of study levels. They are taught by qualified Ministry of Education instructors, who use technological aids and equipment, including videos, computers and an audio laboratory. Special units on Jewish culture and Israeli society are integrated into the curriculum, enhancing both the learning experience and the cultural acclimation.
Tutoring - In addition to regular classes tutoring by volunteers is available to help students with Hebrew classes.
Ulpan Etzion Preparation Course - Two days of orientation in the beginning of Ulpan covering aliyah, Jewish identity, Zionism, social activities and tours of Jerusalem.
Ulpan Etzion offers two five- month sessions a year:
15th January -15th June
15th July -15th December.
- Employment Workshop - A workshop to develop the tools needed to find employment, including interview simulations, active employment search, and more. The workshops are either short term- three meetings of three hours each, or long term – 15 meetings of 4 hours each.
- Employment Visits - Meet olim employees in Hi-Tech, pharmaceutical industry, media, and psychological services and hear about their experiences.
- Personal advice - Students assist olim looking for employment and professional assistance as needed.
- Internship - A program that allows olim to work for a few hours a week in their field in Hebrew and to network.
- Employment and Education Expo - Learn more about advanced degrees and meet potential employers
Experiencing Israel - the sites and flavors as well as the history and culture.
Services, Culture and general Atmosphere
Aiming to offer its students a rich cultural program, Ulpan Etzion schedules lectures, parties, hikes, trips and other extra-curricular activities into the program.
- Assistance in getting started - Assistance in administrative issues, including government offices, banks, medical assistance, and more
- Special interest groups – Conducted by the students and
include yoga, music, folk dancing, photography, kapaura, salsa, baking, sport, Israeli movies, Torah discussions, and more
- Tours - A trip to the North, including Zichron Yaakov, Gani HaNagid, Atlit, Caseria, and a trip to the South, including Sde Boker, Ein Ovdat, Neve HaMidbar and more
- Shabbatonim - Together with students from Bar Ilan University including activities, discussion, and a special Shabbat atmosphere
- "Haver im-Friends " - A program in coordination with students from the Hebrew University based on bi-weekly meeting at the University about Jewish identity and philosophy
- "Kaftor and Perach" - Bi-weekly tours of Jerusalem to deepen the understanding of the neighborhoods of Jerusalem,
including Slichot and more
- Friday in Jerusalem - Bi-weekly tours of museums, historical sights, markets of Jerusalem
Students from more than 20 countries live and study at Ulpan Etzion, they include men and women, observant and secular, who are intent on acquiring Hebrew language and skills and familiarizing themselves with the country.
Ulpan Etzion strives to be a warm home and family for the new Olim, and acts as a supportive cultural, professional and social framework in the initial Aliyah stages. Likewise, contact is maintained with Alumni after completion of the program.
- Subsidized cost for accommodation and board (6,500 shekels, subject to change) This covers all services.
Application and Registration:
- Registration to the program is via the Aliyah office abroad, at least three months in advance or through our website Contact Form.
- Students can pay prior to Aliyah via JAFI offices abroad. They must bring receipt of payment with them when they come to the ulpan.
- If they have not paid abroad, they can do so once in Israel, directly to the ulpan, in three installments.
27 Raziel Street,
East Talpiot, Jerusalem
Tel: +972 (2) 6367326
Click here to sign up for this program.
To the map
• Rental fees, signing a contract and giving a 500 NIS deposit, are
requirements for residence in the Absorption Center.
• No drugs or alcohol abuse is allowed
• No pets are allowed
• Residents cannot bring their own furniture into the rooms.
• There is no early check in or late check out into the program.
Participants arrive to the program on opening day, and leave on the closing day.
For more details, please check with your Aliyah representative
You can also contact the staff at the Beit Canada Absorption Center, Ulpan Etzion Campus: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (972) 2 673 4201/2