Post-high school service-learning in Israel's center where Israelis and young adults from global Jewish communities learn and work together0
The Jewish Agency’s Wings program provides a continuum of services for Lone Immigrant Soldiers, so that as you move through your army service you can receive the help you need.
- Help understanding and receiving your rights as a soldier.
- Support if a crisis arises.
- A personal mentor, in the form of another lone immigrant who recently finished his or her army service, provided through our partnership with the Israeli “Big Brother” Association.
- Ongoing personal, career, and financial guidance for up to two years following your army discharge, for graduates of the seminar.
- Mentoring by members of the Rotary Club: help with networking, managing bureaucracy, career planning, etc.
- A five-day seminar, when you approach your discharge date, to help you prepare for civilian life. (The seminar includes workshops on your rights as a lone soldier who becomes a civilian, budgeting and personal finance, job market trends and tools for entering the workforce, college opportunities and available courses of study in Israel, taxes, and insurance.)
Visit Wings website here
Lone Soldier Experiences
Wings: Supporting Lone Immigrant Soldiers in a Time of Crisis
During Operation Protective Edge, approximately 70% of lone soldiers served in combat roles. For lone soldiers, who made Aliyah on their own, the conflict intensifies the challenging adjustment to
FSU oleh revels in new IDF tank chief post
'The Jewish Agency really helped me before my induction, and afterward'