The Jewish Agency’s Wings program provides a continuum of services for Lone Immigrant Soldiers, so that as you move through your army service you can receive the help you need.
- Help understanding and receiving your rights as a soldier.
- Support if a crisis arises.
- A personal mentor, in the form of another lone immigrant who recently finished his or her army service, provided through our partnership with the Israeli “Big Brother” Association.
- Ongoing personal, career, and financial guidance for up to two years following your army discharge, for graduates of the seminar.
- Mentoring by members of the Rotary Club: help with networking, managing bureaucracy, career planning, etc.
- A five-day seminar, when you approach your discharge date, to help you prepare for civilian life. (The seminar includes workshops on your rights as a lone soldier who becomes a civilian, budgeting and personal finance, job market trends and tools for entering the workforce, college opportunities and available courses of study in Israel, taxes, and insurance.)
Lone Soldier Experiences
Young AliyahNativ: Jewish Heritage Education for Immigrant Soldiers
Nativ is a warm Jewish educational experience for immigrant soldiers in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF).
Garin Tzabar: Instant Family for IDF Recruits
Joining the IDF? Garin Tzabar combines kibbutz living with preparation for military service in Israel.
Wings: Services for Lone Soldiers
Are you a lone soldier - or were you one until recently? Learn about your rights as a soldier and prepare for civilian life
Wings: Services for Lone SoldiersKol Ami
Post-high school service-learning in Israel's center where Israelis and young adults from global Jewish communities learn and work together
Army Ages and Laws
Serving in the Israel Defense Forces is a privilege but also a requirement of making Aliyah. It is the gateway to Israeli society, facilitates encounter with Israelis of all backgrounds and assists in the initial absorption process whilst also opening doors throughout the immigrant's life in Israel.
More about Wings: Services for Lone Soldiers
Wings: Supporting Lone Immigrant Soldiers in a Time of Crisis
During Operation Protective Edge, approximately 70% of lone soldiers served in combat roles. For lone soldiers, who made Aliyah on their own, the conflict intensifies the challenging adjustment to
FSU oleh revels in new IDF tank chief post
'The Jewish Agency really helped me before my induction, and afterward'